1. Bring the following documents to the bank
- Passport or equivalent travel documents
- Copy of registration certificate for EU/EEA nationals*
- Copy of residence permit for citizens outside the EU/EEA
- Proof of residential home address
- Employment contract
- Fill in and sign the customer declaration form**
* If you have a D-number you have to let us know your TIN-number as well and what country do your taxes.
** Please make sure that you fill in and sign the customer declaration before you visit the bank.
Why do the bank have to control and verify the customers identity?
Due to government regulations, banks are required to comply with the customer due diligence standards. Banks are obliged to identify and know their customers. The identity of the customer has to be controlled by verifying the customer’s official identity documents. The bank also has to ascertain sufficient information on the customer’s activities, so as to confirm where incoming money originates from and the purported use of the banking relationship.
2. Wait for an invitation to visit the bank
We will now register the information you have provided. Within a couple of weeks, you will receive an invitation to come to our nearest office to sign the agreement documents. The fee for registering a foreign citizen as a customer in Sogn Sparebank is 500 NOK per customer.
3. The customer relationship will be established
Once you have been to our office, the account will be opened within the following week.
Why do we ask questions?
When you become a customer, you must answer some questions and attach a form to your application. We do this because of Norwegian law, as many other countries also require. All Norwegian banks must follow these rules to prevent financial crime.
We know that most of our customers are honest, but we still have to ask the same questions. We altso ask questions to get to know you as a customer and to give you the best possible service, and we will keep up with that. We may ask you were the money comes from or why you use some of our services. All information about you is confidential.